A quick and easy Tex-Mex casserole guaranteed to join your weekly rotation! Mix it up with ground beef or a black bean veggie medley to satisfy all your people.
Gluten Free Chicken Nacho Casserole
- 2 15 oz jars/cans of enchilada sauce I use Siete Red Enchilada Sauce!
- 1 4.5 oz can of green chilies
- Organic tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded chicken can use ground beef, taco meat, steak, etc.
- Organic shredded cheese at least one bag, but maybe two
- Optional: Pinto beans black beans, refried beans, sauteed veggies
- Pour 1/3-1/2 of one jar of enchilada sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of tortilla chips, gently press down to flatten.
- Spread 2 cups of shredded chicken on top.
- Spoon out 1/2 can of green chilies on top.
- Add any of the optional items (beans, veggies, etc.)
- Pour rest of jar of enchilada sauce on top.
- Spread a layer of shredded cheese on top.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for a second layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, cheese will be bubbly!
- Let sit for a bit and then slice up to serve.
- Add personal toppings: avocado, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, you name it!