The Best Shredded Beef
What can I say? It's shredded beef. Beef is yummy. And did I mention it's Whole30 approved AND paleo friendly?
This shredded beef is delicious and the possibilities are endless. Serve it on top of a big salad, enjoy it with salsa and guacamole in some Taco Tuesday festivities, or add a little BBQ sauce for some sliders. Or my personal favorite, just eat it straight out of the crock pot with your fingers. Enjoy, y'all!
- 2-3 lb. chuck roast I use grass fed, but choose a cut that's on sale because they're all good!
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup bone broth chicken or beef broth can be used
- 1 large onion
Put meat in large crockpot.
Mix spices together and then rub over all sides of beef.
Roughly chop the onion and place it on top of the beef.
Pour bone broth on top.
Set crock pot on low for 8-10 hours. The longer, the better!
Beef will shred easily and pretty much melt in your mouth.