Paleo Chicken Enchilada Soup
I crave soup, even if it's blazing hot in the dead of summer. Just crank up the AC and enjoy it, people. Mix that with my love of Tex-Mex (hello, I'm from Texas AND Mexican!) and you have this super easy, super delicious meal.
I created a very basic version that can be fixed up to everyone's personal preferences and dietary needs. The recipe is Whole30 compliant and Paleo as is (with tons of flavor!), but you can add other items such as beans and corn if you want a little extra. And it would still be gluten-free!
Plus, you can go all kinds of crazy with the toppings. This is actually a fabulous soup to serve for a luncheon or get together. Set out a bevy of toppings and let everyone create their favorite dish.
- 1 15 oz can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can fire roasted green chilies
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb organic chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Optional but not Paleo or Whole30: pinto beans, black beans, corn
- Toppings of choice: avocado guacamole, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, lime
Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Shred chicken with two forks before serving.
Top with your favorite things and enjoy!