Hey there, I’m Amanda!
After years of infertility, multiple miscarriage, and a bunch of other health issues, I was called to live a healthier life with real food, healthy movement, and safer products. Now I get to help others through my work here on My Well Balanced Life as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Pilates Master Trainer, and Executive Director with Beautycounter.
So happy you’re here to learn more about Beautycounter and the importance of safer products. It has been a HUGE piece of the puzzle to restoring my health, and now I get to spread the word to all of you. Let’s get to it!
Welcome, Sustainable Advocate! I know you have a heart for mission and thoughtful action, so here’s a list of items that will appeal to your passion for people, planet, and purpose. Take your time going through it and let me know if you have any questions about any of the info. I’m incredibly passionate about Beautycounter’s advocacy and sustainability work, so I get really fired up about all of this stuff!
- I normally wouldn’t start off with this big of a bullet, but you are not the average consumer. You are gonna love this giant resource of goodness! To really want to get into the nitty gritty of everything Beautycounter is doing, download their 2019 Social Mission Report. You will be amazed at how much they do … I know I am!
- Now an easy one. Text “betterbeauty” to 52886 on your phone to let our elected officials know you want more health protective laws for our personal care products. You will be directed to a quick form which takes less than 60 seconds to fill out and it will be sent to your local representatives. Our voices are powerful! Share this action with your friends and family.
- Beautycounter’s Blueprint for Clean details what the company is committed to doing in order to set the cleanest standards in beauty. You can click on the bullets to learn everything from ingredient safety to heavy metal testing to supply chain code of conduct.
- Beautycounter is committed to full transparency of its formulations, even though companies are not required by law to disclose all of its ingredients. You can see a detailed list of ingredients for every product on the website, as well as info about which products are gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, etc. in the FAQs. You can check those out here.
- Since Lindsay Dahl is your Beautycounter superhero, make sure to follow her on Instagram. She is a wealth of knowledge and makes it a point to keep all of us up to date on what’s going on with safer product legislation, packaging updates, ingredient info, and anything related to advocacy and social mission.
- Beautycounter has taken steps to achieve many certifications which maintain its commitment to safety and sustainability. These include being a Certified B Corporation, Leaping Bunny certified, and EWG Verified. You can read more about those and its other certifications here.
- Mica is an ingredient that’s widely used in cosmetics to create the shimmery glow we all know and love. But the mica industry can come with some serious transparency issues. So Beautycounter decided to do something about it. Watch and share this documentary and learn how to get involved.
- Check out this page to learn which non-profits Beautycounter has partnered up with which connect with its mission and vision for a cleaner, safer future.
- Read this blogpost to learn about Beautycounter’s ongoing commitment to anti-racism. And make sure to check back because it will be updated as more light is shed on this important issue.
- Education is at the core of Beautycounter’s social mission. Wherever you are on the learning curve of environmental health awareness, the opportunity to gain new insights is endless. Check out this list of resources which are helpful and inspiring.
—-> And just as a side note, Sustainable Advocates make pretty incredible Beautycounter consultants. We need more voices advocating for change and educating people about the many aspects of Beautycounter’s social mission. Just think about it, ok? You can read more about the Beautycounter consultant opportunity here. It has honestly been the biggest surprise blessing to my life, both personally and professionally. You might just be one of these FEARLESS LEADERS, waiting to make her mark on the world …. you never know, right?
—-> Please make sure to sign up for my Beautycounter email list here! Not only will you get the scoop from me on what products I love and how I invest wisely, but I love my clients and try to let them know with special perks and offers. Your support of my small business not only means the world to me, but it also helps me keep My Well Balanced Life thriving. I’m incredibly grateful for each of you.
And lastly, I encourage you to check out my ebook to help you implement the safer product lifestyle into your own home. Click here to download the Safer Beauty Product Blueprint!
Thanks so much for taking that fun quiz and hanging out with me! I hope this page is a great resource for you as you navigate the world of safer products and all that Beautycounter has to offer.