Hey there, I’m Amanda!
After years of infertility, multiple miscarriage, and a bunch of other health issues, I was called to live a healthier life with real food, healthy movement, and safer products. Now I get to help others through my work here on My Well Balanced Life as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Pilates Master Trainer, and Executive Director with Beautycounter.
So happy you’re here to learn more about Beautycounter and the importance of safer products. It has been a HUGE piece of the puzzle to restoring my health, and now I get to spread the word to all of you. Let’s get to it!
Welcome, Truth Seeker! I know you love getting your hands on resources to make your researching easier, so here’s a list of items that will appeal to your truth seeking heart. Dig in and let me know if you have any questions about any of the info. I’m actually a truth seeker myself, so we are kindred spirits. I love this kind of stuff!
- Beautycounter has a list of 1800 ingredients it has committed to never using in its products due to being possibly harmful and/or toxic to the body. The European Union bans 1400, Canada bans 600, and the US bans 30. Check out the Never List here.
- Beautycounter is committed to its Ingredient Selection Policy to maintain the highest integrity and continue to be the leader in the clean beauty space. Read more about the policy here.
- Beautycounter has taken steps to achieve many certifications which maintain its commitment to safety and sustainability. These include being a Certified B Corporation, Leaping Bunny certified, and EWG Verified. You can read more about those and its other certifications here.
- Download the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database on your phone. This resource provides practical solutions to protect yourself and your family from everyday exposure to chemicals in cosmetics. Use the database to search for safer skin care, makeup, shampoos, sunscreens, and men’s and children’s products or to learn more about specific chemicals.
- If you really want to get into the nitty gritty of everything Beautycounter is doing, download their 2019 Social Mission Report. You will be amazed at how much they do … I know I am!
- Beautycounter is committed to full transparency of its formulations, even though companies are not required by law to disclose all of its ingredients. You can see a detailed list of ingredients for every product on the website, as well as info about which products are gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, etc. in the FAQs. You can check those out here.
- Now an easy one. Text “betterbeauty” to 52886 on your phone to let our elected officials know you want more health protective laws for our personal care products. You will be directed to a quick form which takes less than 60 seconds to fill out and it will be sent to your local representatives. Our voices are powerful! Share this action with your friends and family.
- Greenwashing is a very serious issue in the beauty industry that Beautycounter is committed to avoiding through transparency. Click here to learn about the five most common common, yet misleading terms in the beauty industry.
- Navigating ingredient safety can be rather overwhelming! Check out this blogpost to learn about the 7 Ingredients to Avoid in Personal Care Products.
—-> And just as a side note, Truth Seekers make pretty incredible Beautycounter consultants. Not enough people know that the ingredients in our personal care products can be harmful to our health, and we really need more voices to share the mission of safer products. Just think about it, ok? You can read more about the Beautycounter consultant opportunity here. It has honestly been the biggest surprise blessing to my life, both personally and professionally. You might just be one of these FEARLESS LEADERS, waiting to make her mark on the world …. you never know, right?
—-> Please make sure to sign up for my Beautycounter email list here! Not only will you get the scoop from me on what products I love and how I invest wisely, but I love my clients and try to let them know with special perks and offers. Your support of my small business not only means the world to me, but it also helps me keep My Well Balanced Life thriving. I’m incredibly grateful for each of you.
And lastly, I encourage you to check out my ebook to help you implement the safer product lifestyle into your own home. Click here to download the Safer Beauty Product Blueprint!
Thanks so much for taking that fun quiz and hanging out with me! I hope this page is a great resource for you as you navigate the world of safer products and all that Beautycounter has to offer.