Simple Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
What more do I need to say? They're chocolate chips cookies that are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. These babies would be Paleo if I didn't add the chocolate chips ... I say close enough, don't you? You know how I know these cookies are delicious? Because my super picky, "I refuse to like new things" 7-year-old devoured them. He had his first sleepover with his buddy, Max, and I kept hearing them giggle as they snuck into the kitchen to grab more cookies. How can you get upset about little boys eating healthier cookies??? Let me also point out that these cookies are hearty enough to make ice cream cookie sandwiches. And I know this because I had one for breakfast. Enjoy, y'all!
- 1 cup almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash of vanilla
- 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in bowl. Use mixer to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Batter will be super thick!
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make batter easier to work with.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 10-14 minutes until they start to turn golden brown. Mine baked for 12 minutes and made 20 cookies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!