Confession time. I didn’t try a brussel sprout until I was the ripe old age of 40. I just knew they would be disgusting … oh boy, was I wrong. Turns out I LOVE BRUSSEL SPROUTS! And this is my new favorite way to make them. Whether you need a side dish, a main dish, or just a quick lunch for one, this Warm Brussel Sprout Salad (topped with goat cheese, y’all!) will totally fit the bill. I like to add some chopped rotisserie chicken and enjoy this as a meal, but I also thing bacon and ranch dressing would be a hit, too. Oh man, my mouth is watering just writing this description. YUM.
Warm Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 pound brussel sprouts thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple chopped
- goat cheese crumbles
- toasted pine nuts
- dried cherries or cranberries
- avocado oil
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- balsamic glaze
- Heat avocado oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced brussel sprouts and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Saute to desired softness or crispness (I usually do this for about 5 minutes)
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Top with apples, goat cheese, cherries, pine nuts and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve as is or top with rotisserie chicken for a main dish!