Fruit & Feta Kabobs with Balsamic Glaze
These were just something I threw together for a 4th of July party, aren't they cute and pretty? I'm not gonna lie, I'm not one for fancy food that takes a lot of time to assemble. But these were worth the extra bit of effort. Feel free to mix up the fruit choices, but I encourage you to keep the feta! The combo of the feta and basil with the balsamic glaze is OH SO GOOD with the sweetness of the fruit. And I can guarantee you people will be impressed if you bring this colorful dish to any gathering.
- Fresh organic blueberries rinsed and dried
- Watermelon cut into 1-inch cubes or use a cookie cutter for special shapes
- Block of feta cheese not the crumbles!
- Basil leaves
- Long toothpicks or short skewers
For the balsamic glaze:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut the watermelon and feta cheese into cubes. I prefer the watermelon cubes to be a bit larger than the feta, I think it looks prettier when stacked.
- Assemble the skewers: basil leaf, blueberry, feta cheese, then watermelon. This is why you need the longer toothpicks! Pierce the pieces gently so they don't fall apart -- especially the cheese!
- Place the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Liquid should reduce by about half.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes so it will cool and thicken.
- Drizzle on top of skewers or place in a small bowl for people to drizzle themselves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!