Brighten up your Fourth of July celebrations with this patriotic gluten free skillet cookie! Pass out the spoons and dig in while you watch the fireworks.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 stick butter melted (or 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 dash of vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour I use Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate chips or M&Ms!
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, and cane sugar. Combine well with mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add in gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Once again mix until batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips or M&Ms, reserving a few to put on top after baking.
- Pour batter into greased skillet (I just take a bit of softened butter and spread it with a paper towel). Top with reserved chocolate chips or M&Ms.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. (If you like your cookie a bit soft, opt for the lower baking time!) If using a skillet, cookie will bake a bit more as it’s cooling.
- Let cool COMPLETELY before slicing and serving. This is the hardest part!Or if you just can't wait, pass out the spoons and dig in. Who needs fancy slices anyway???
*My skillet is about 10 inches in diameter.
*You can make this in a regular baking pan, probably a 9x9 inch would work well.
*Regular old white flour would work, too!