Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 cup peanut butter I use smooth
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ghee or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
- Mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, egg, ghee/coconut oil and vanilla in a bowl. I like to use a mixer because the peanut butter is a bit tough to stir by hand.
- Stir/mix in the cocoa powder and baking soda. Mixture will be on the thick side.
- Pour batter into a 8x8-inch square baking pan coated with oil/spray or lined with parchment paper. (I prefer parchment paper for easier removal from the pan!) Because the batter is thick, you can use a spatula to press it into the corners and even it out.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. I prefer mine on the softer and gooier side, so i always go for the shorter baking time.
- Remove from pan (yay, parchment paper!) and let cool before cutting into squares. I like to put them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before cutting because the brownies slice so well this way!