Gluten Free Cranberry Almond Cake
- 1/4 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 cup organic sugar depending on preference
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 - 1 cup frozen cranberries thawed in water
- Place frozen cranberries in warm water for a few minutes to thaw. Then lay out and dry on paper towels.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl. Use mixer to cream together. Add egg and almond extract and mix until smooth.
- Mix in almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix together until smooth batter forms.
- Gently fold cranberries into dough. Don’t be concerned with bleeding of cranberry juice into dough — it actually makes the finished product even prettier!
- Grease your pan of choice, and grease it well! Or use parchment paper. I personally have used a 9” round springform pan, a 8x8 square pan, and a cast iron skillet. You could also use a round cake pan! Just make sure the size is comparable and adjust baking time accordingly.
- Press dough into pan. Since the dough is thick, this will take some effort. Just use a spatula to spread it out and press as evenly into pan as possible. It will spread some once it gets in the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-35 minutes. Top will be golden and edges will pull slightly away from sides. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack.