There’s something about a ginger molasses cookie that just makes me think of all things winter and holiday. It’s pretty much the only time I use molasses, but the big jar is totally worth it. They smell like heaven!
This is my tried and true simple gluten free cookie recipe that can be used as the base for many of my cookie recipes, and it never fails! My goal is always to bring you simple recipes with minimal ingredients but BIG flavor. Let me know what you think!
Gluten Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp molasses
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine butter and sugar together in a bowl. Use mixer to cream together. Add egg, vanilla extract, and molasses and mix until smooth.
- Mix in almond flour, coconut flour, salt, spices, and baking soda. Stir together until smooth batter forms.
- Separate batter into equal pieces and roll into balls — I usually get about 18-22 cookies. If dough seems too sticky, refrigerate for about 30 minutes. (I pretty much always do this!)
- In a small bowl, place some organic or raw sugar. Roll each dough ball in sugar (and/or sprinkles!) and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the bottom of a glass (or a flat surface) to slightly flatten cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack. Do not over bake as cookies will harden slightly while cooling.
- Cookies will have a slightly crunchy outside and soft center. Once placed in an airtight container, the cookies will be predominantly soft and chewy.