Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
- 1/4 cup butter room temp (can use coconut oil for paleo)
- 1/4 or 1/3 cup organic sugar depending on preference (can use maple syrup for paleo)
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
Spice mixture for rolling cookies:
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar can use coconut sugar for paleo
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine butter and sugar together in a bowl. Use mixer to cream together. Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Mix in almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir together until smooth batter forms.
- Separate batter into equal pieces and roll into balls (I usually get about 16 cookies).
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Roll each dough ball in sugar mixture and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the bottom of a glass (or a flat surface) to slightly flatten cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack. Cookies will harden slightly while cooling.
- I dare you not to eat more than one.