If you’re looking for a super simple sugar cookie with amazing flavor, I’ve got you covered. Gluten-free, grain-free, and so tasty that no one will ever guess these aren’t made with traditional ingredients.
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 cup organic sugar depending on preference
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Raw sugar for rolling
- Sprinkles optional
- Combine butter and sugar together in a bowl. Use mixer to cream together. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Mix in almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir together until smooth batter forms.
- Separate batter into equal pieces and roll into balls (I usually get about 16 cookies). If dough seems too sticky, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, place some organic or raw sugar. Roll each dough ball in sugar (and/or sprinkles!) and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the bottom of a glass (or a flat surface) to slightly flatten cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack. Do not over bake as cookies will harden slightly while cooling.
- Cookies will have a slightly crunchy outside and soft center. Once placed in an airtight container, the cookies will be predominantly soft and chewy.