Honey Toasted Pecans
Pecans are a big deal in Texas. Growing up, we used to get at least one giant gift box of pecans from my dad's accounting clients. I have distinct memories sitting by the fireplace (not with a fire because hello, it was Houston so easily 75 degrees outside) with a legit nutcracker chomping on fresh pecans. This recipe came about because I really needed something to top my pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. And these are pretty freakin' delicious! You can put them on salads, mix them with dried fruit for a snack, top your holiday desserts, or just eat them off the parchment paper once they have cooled off. Enjoy, y'all!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup raw honey heated
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss pecans in warmed honey and spread out evenly on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top of pecans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread out to cool on parchment paper.
- Cool completely and then try not to eat them all at once.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!