Paleo Brownie Pie
So listen. I like chocolate. And I like brownies. Because I'm a normal person. This is just a quick and easy way to satisfy those cravings without all the grains and refined sugar. It's also a really great thing to whip up if you have to make a quick dessert for an event or unexpected dinner guests. And it makes your house smell totally AMAZING. I really like using a round cake pan so I can slice the brownies up like a pie ... it just looks fancier. Now, I'll be honest. This isn't the richest or most decadent of chocolate recipes. But if you're trying to do the paleo/healthier living thing, I really think these brownies fit the bill. I like my brownies kinda soft and gooey, so I tend to cook mine for the least amount of time as possible. If you cook them longer, they end up being a lot more cake-like in consistency. But come on, you guys. We are eating brownies that are grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy-free. They're pretty freakin' good.
- 1 cup nut butter I use almond or cashew
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
- Mix together the nut butter, maple syrup, egg, ghee and vanilla in a bowl. I like to use a mixer because the nut butter is a bit tough to stir by hand.
- Stir/mix in the cocoa powder and baking soda. Mixture will be on the thick side.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch baking pan coated with oil/spray. (Pan can be round or square).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. (Not 100% paleo but close enough in my book.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. I like mine on the softer and gooier side, so i always go for the shorter baking time.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!