Paleo Chicken Marsala
- 4 tablespoons of oil/fat I use coconut oil
- 1 pound of chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/2 cup of almond flour finely ground is best
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cooking sherry
- Fresh or ground thyme optional
- Arrowroot flour optional if you choose to thicken the sauce!
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, sea salt, cracked pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cut large chicken breasts or thighs into a few chunks (I typically cut a chicken breast into three pieces).
- Coat chicken pieces in almond flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Once oil is heated through, place chicken in pan and brown lightly.
- Turn chicken over to brown other side and add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the rest of leftover almond flour mix over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Pour marsala wine and cooking sherry on top and cover skillet.
- Turn down the heat a little and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and cook for another 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- *If you want to thicken up the sauce at all, add about 1/2 tsp of arrowroot flour during the simmer phase ... then let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a bit of thyme if desired.