Gluten Free Mini Corndog Muffins
- 1 cup gluten free flour I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- About 3-4 hot dogs cut into 1/2 inch slices I use Applegate Grass Fed All Beef Hotdogs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In separate bowl combine melted butter, milk, sour cream, egg, and maple syrup. Blend with mixer.
- Add in flour mixture and blend into wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add spoonfuls of batter into mini-muffin tins coated with cooking spray or melted coconut oil. (Use the good stuff! I use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray) Make sure muffin cups are only about half full at this point -- adding the hotdog will fill it up a lot more!
- Take cut up hotdogs and push into batter until just the top is showing. This should cause the muffin mixture to raise up to the top of the muffin cup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until edges brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Pretend you're at the fair and enjoy! (P.S. This recipes makes about 24 corndog muffins.)