Basic Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower head chopped in food processor or one 16 oz. bag of riced cauliflower (Trader Joe's is the best IMO!)
- 2-3 tablespoons ghee butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Sea Salt
- Cracked pepper
- Minced garlic optional
- Put cauliflower florets in food processor and chop until course. Avoid using the cauliflower stalk (I think it has a funny taste) and make sure not to chop too finely or your rice will be mushy!
- You can totally skip the above step if your lucky self has access to Trader Joe's riced cauliflower.
- Heat your fat of choice over medium heat until shimmering, then add the onion (and minced garlic if using). Stir often until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add riced cauliflower and stir until well mixed with onions and fat.
- Season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Don't overcook because then it's mushy!