Paleo Pumpkin Cake with Maple Glaze Icing
For the pumpkin cake:
- 1 cup cashew butter almond or sunbutter work as well
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
For the Icing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cake ingredients in large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into greased cake pan of choice or muffin cups with liners. (I prefer a small bundt pan because it's just fancier!)
- Bake cake or loaf for 40-50 minutes and muffins for 25ish minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing.
- For the icing, place cashews in food processor and pulse until fine meal forms. (Skip this step if you have a high powered blender!)
- Place ground cashews and remaining icing ingredients in blender and process until smooth. If icing is too thick to pour, add water by 1/2 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Icing can be poured over cake, spread over loaves, or drizzled over muffins. Or eaten with a spoon because ERMAHGAH this stuff is amazeballs.