The Best Shredded Beef
- 2-3 lb. chuck roast I use grass fed, but choose a cut that's on sale because they're all good!
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup bone broth chicken or beef broth can be used
- 1 large onion
- Put meat in large crockpot.
- Mix spices together and then rub over all sides of beef.
- Roughly chop the onion and place it on top of the beef.
- Pour bone broth on top.
- Set crock pot on low for 8-10 hours. The longer, the better!
- Beef will shred easily and pretty much melt in your mouth.