The Best Shredded Beef
What can I say? It's shredded beef. Beef is yummy. And did I mention it's Whole30 approved AND paleo friendly? This shredded beef is delicious and the possibilities are endless. Serve it on top of a big salad, enjoy it with salsa and guacamole in some Taco Tuesday festivities, or add a little BBQ sauce for some sliders. Or my personal favorite, just eat it straight out of the crock pot with your fingers. Enjoy, y'all!
- 2-3 lb. chuck roast I use grass fed, but choose a cut that's on sale because they're all good!
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup bone broth chicken or beef broth can be used
- 1 large onion
- Put meat in large crockpot.
- Mix spices together and then rub over all sides of beef.
- Roughly chop the onion and place it on top of the beef.
- Pour bone broth on top.
- Set crock pot on low for 8-10 hours. The longer, the better!
- Beef will shred easily and pretty much melt in your mouth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!