Steak, Pepper, & Potato Hash
- 1 flank steak about 1.5 lbs
- 2-3 bell peppers red, orange, or yellow
- 1 onion
- 1 to 1.5 lbs new potatoes
- 3 T paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is heating, wash and halve/quarter new potatoes.
- Place in baking dish. Drizzle with avocado oil, then toss with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Mix paprika and garlic powder. Pour 1/3 of spices over potatoes and toss.
- Put potatoes in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork. Stir halfway through.
- While potatoes are baking, drizzle avocado oil on grill pan and heat for a minute or two on high heat.
- Salt and pepper each side of the steak, then place on grill pan. Immediately turn heat down to medium and cook on each side for 6-8 minutes. Be careful not to overcook! Steak will cook a bit more in the pan later on.
- While steak is cooking, slice peppers and onions into thin slices.
- Once steak is finished, put it on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add peppers and onions, then top with sea salt and pepper. Add another third of the paprika mixture. Stir and saute veggies to desired tenderness then move to a plate.
- Slice steak into smaller pieces and put into the pan that just held the veggies. Add the rest of the paprika mixture and move around the pan until coated with spices and cooked to desired wellness.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Top with peppers and onions.
- Top with steak.
- Top with chopped cilantro.